The Vines beef products are grass-fed, grain-finished Angus Beef.
During the winter months, our cattle receive top-quality hay and grain. We raise our own hay and mix all our cattle feed on-site to ensure a healthy and delicious product for you and your family.
Our cattle receive the best care possible with their well-being at the forefront of every management decision.
We use a reputable USDA-Inspected locker for all our processing to ensure quality in every package of beef that you purchase from us!
There are two popular methods used for selling beef. Hanging Weight or Price per Pound. Here at The Vines, we use the bulk sales method of the hanging weight of the animal for all our sales. However, in the examples below we show you how you can accurately calculate the Price per Pound value too.
We charge $3.60/lb hanging weight on our beef.
We provide the ability for you to purchase 1/4, 1/2, or a whole package of beef, the package size you choose is up to you.
The processing fees charged by our USDA-Inspected butcher average $1.00 per pound and are based on your final cut and packaging choices. Our processor can explain your cutting and packaging options and discuss your final per-pound costs.
For the smaller 1/4 beef package, we have a split fee ($50) which is added to the package cost for processing/handling.
Calculating Your Costs
Here are the calculations for determining your final per-pound price.
An example of a whole beef package cost
- Hanging Weight Cost – If an animal has a 600lb hanging weight
- $3.60 * 600 lbs = $2,160
- Processing Cost –
- $1.00 * 600 lbs = $600
- Total Cost – $2,760
- Final Cut Percentage – (65% estimate)
- 65% * 600 lbs = ~390 lbs of finished cut/packaged meat
- Estimated Price Per Pound – Total Cost divided by Received Cuts of Meat
- $2,760 / 390 lbs = ~$7.08 per pound
If you bought a 1/2 beef package of the same animal
- Total Cost – $1,380
- Estimated Finished Cut – 195 lbs
- Estimated Price Per Pound – $1380 / 195 lbs = ~$7.08 per pound
If you bought a 1/4 beef package
- Total Cost – $740 (price includes split-fee)
- Estimated Finished Cut – 97.5 lbs
- Estimated Price Per Pound – $650 / 97.5 lbs = ~$7.59 per pound
Shop On-Line Now
Shop our bulk beef packages here!
*All prices are estimates, the final animal hanging weight will determine your total costs and average price per pound.